Tuesday 20 March 2012

Breary Marsh Woodpecker


Went to Breary Marsh LNR for a quick trip to try and find a woodpecker.  This one gave itself away by chirping for ages until I was close enough to spot it.  It did its best to prevent me from getting a decent picture, ducking behind branches, deliberately facing the wrong way etc.  but I managed a couple of shots.  Breary Marsh is at the Western edge of Golden Acre Park in Leeds and is a lot quieter than the main park.  It is a pretty reliable spot for a woodpecker so worth a look.


The woodpecker shows me its best side again.  Looks like a female to me.  She was around for a while, jumping from tree to tree and then flew too far away for me to snap any more.   Other birds in the area included bullfinch, chaffinch, great tits and robins.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...